This privacy statement sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you use this website. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this statement from time to time by updating this page.
Who we are
Personal information submitted through this website is collected by Talkies Community Cinema. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Why we collect this information
Our purpose is simple: to provide you with a service, specifically to inform you about films and associated events set up by Talkies Community Cinema. Occasionally we might give you updates about other events or news that we think might be of interest to you.
As well as the form on this website you may also consent to being contacted by us through:
- signing a form at a festival or at an event to request Talkies’ email promotions
- checking a box when you buy a ticket to say you would like to hear about other Talkies events
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- your name
- your email address
- your postcode
If you change your mind about getting Talkies’ updates, at the foot of every email there is an option to unsubscribe from further emails.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and through sign-up forms.
In addition, the service providers and partners we work with have safeguards in place that comply with the General Data Protection Act:
Ticketsource provides online ticketing services. When you buy a ticket you have the option of checking a box if you want to hear about future Talkies events and a separate box if you want to hear from Ticketsource. View their privacy statement .
We use Mailchimp to send you information about Talkies events. Our distribution lists are stored on a secure MailChimp server. Mailchimp do not, under any circumstances, sell our distribution lists. View their privacy statement .
We use member Mojo for Friends of Talkies subscriptions. Member Mojo store our distribution lists on a secure server in the UK. They do not, under any circumstances, sell our distribution lists. View their privacy statement here .
We also work with partners who have their own box office. We do not have access to this data but you can check their privacy statements below:
London Borough of Enfield (Dugdale Centre Events). Enfield’s duty under data protection policy covers extensive additional personal information, all complying to regulations View their privacy statement .
Chickenshed also complies with regulations View their privacy statement.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us see understand visitors to our website by tracking how you use our website, in a way that doesn’t ever identify you personally. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, by allowing you to log in or add items to a shopping cart. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously supplied personal data
- if you have previously agreed to us processing your personal information
Under the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation), you have a number of specific rights with regards to your personal information. If we haven’t been clear with the explanations given in this privacy statement, you can contact us by email (email@example.com) about any of the following:
- Right of access – you want to know if we are storing or processing any personal data about you, what purpose it is being stored for and/or request a copy of your data. Your data will be supplied as soon as is practical. There is no charge for making a request or for the electronic data file, but if the number and frequency of requests is unreasonable we may charge an admin fee.
- Right to correction – if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to erasure– if you want to remove your personal data from our records. We will remove the data as far as it is practically within our power, and where we are not legally obliged to retain it. To be unsubscribed from our Mailchimp promotional emails you should use the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the emails themselves.
- Right to object – if you no longer want us to process your data
- Right to complain – if you are unhappy with how we are managing your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).